Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What I have learned

I have learned many things about popular culture since the beginning of this class. One major thing I have learned it that literally everything has to do with popular culture. You turn on the tv and what do you see, commercials. These are examples of popular culture. Also new types of music are becoming more popular, like mash ups. Everywhere you look you see something to do with popular culture.

2 comments:

  1. I knew that a lot of things involved popular culture, but like you I have realized since being in the class how many there really are- it has put it into more perspective. And how constantly all of those are giving off messages and sometimes we don't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popular culture is something everyone thinks they know when they hear the term, but really it is so much more. Music, movies, TV, books and media are all shaping our modern culture and values. Just like you said it's everywhere you look.

    ReplyDelete